17 August 2018
Acquisition designed to grow Just Group’s capability to provide services to trustees of Defined Benefit (DB) pension schemes seeking professional advisory services to run bulk member option exercises (scheme exercises) and complements activity of recently launched HUB Pension Solutions.
Just Group plc (Just Group) today announced it has acquired a 75% shareholding in the holding company of Corinthian Pension Consulting Limited (Corinthian Pension Consulting).
Corinthian Pension Consulting specialises in providing professional advisory services to DB pension scheme trustees and scheme sponsors undertaking bulk scheme exercises. The team has been successfully leading major transactions for more than twelve years. The acquisition of Corinthian Pension Consulting adds additional capabilities to the group of businesses trading under HUB brands within Just Group, which focus on delivering corporate solutions to employee benefit consultants, financial advisers, pension schemes, other UK businesses and to their members, customers and clients.
Commenting on the acquisition, David Cooper, chief executive of HUB companies, said:
“This is exciting news for our business. Corinthian Pension Consulting’s depth and breadth of expertise in providing professional advisory services to DB trustees is well recognised and we welcome the expertise and capability they bring to our Group. We will invest to help the management team develop the business and grow awareness of their reputation for outstanding advisory and client services.”
“Our acquisition of Corinthian Pension Consulting complements our recent investment in building our new business HUB Pension Solutions.”
Robert MacGregor, managing director of Corinthian Pension Consulting, commented:
“We’ve been in this market for more than 12 years – in that time we’ve advised over 100,000 members in 70-plus scheme exercises. We’re now seeing unprecedented demand for our services and that’s why we believe becoming part of Just Group makes such good sense.”
“Bulk scheme exercises are challenging from both a technical and advisory perspective – so it’s vital to choose the right business partners if you’re to get the best outcome for trustees and their members. We’ve worked closely with Just Group’s new fintech business, HUB Pension Solutions, and that’s why we’re entirely confident becoming part of the group is a positive move for us and our clients.”
Just Group has acquired a 75% stake in Corinthian Group Limited (being the holding company of Corinthian Pension Consulting) and the remaining 25% will be retained by the existing shareholders. Corinthian Pension Consulting will become an authorised representative of HUB Financial Solutions. Robert MacGregor will continue to lead Corinthian Pension Consulting, as its Chief Executive Officer.
Corinthian Benefits Consulting Limited and Corinthian Affinity Solutions Limited will continue to operate as before, becoming part of a newly formed holding company, Corinthian Group Holdings Limited.